Saturday, May 21, 2011

Heading to GDB Tomorrow!

I am heading to Guide Dogs for the Blind's Oregon campus at around 7 tomorrow. I can't wait! I applied to the school last year but I chose to wait to get my dog since I would have had to miss a week at the beginning of the school year so I figured it would be better to wait until I had nothing happening to go to get my dog. After I walked with the instructor on my home visit where she simulated the movement and guiding of a dog using a harness I knew that it would be much better to travel with a dog than a cane. I plan to chronicle my training day by day detailing the training process at the Oregon campus. In my fervor to learn about GDB I searched for a blog where someone did this but I was unable to find one. I hope that creating such a blog it will hopefully help someone else who is going to training at the Oregon campus and who wants to know what to expect in training.

I will also post various other things on this blog from random stories to my thoughts on different issues. If I ever do work on any digital creative projects I will post the results here as well. 5:30 is going to come early so I'm going to rap this up for now.

Aaron.

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Can't wait to read about your experience. Good luck tomorrow. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron can't wait to hear all about it. I am so proud of you. I just wish Mamaw Margie and Papaw Sam were here to see the wonderful young man you have become. Love you, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron this is awesome! Just remember you can't go through dogs like you do sticks. lol. Love ya man! -Brealin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your mom alerted me to this blog! I can't wait to read of your experiences. you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting the seeing eye dog and know I will be praying for you two to bond closely. I know it will make a big difference in your life and I am excited to read your experiences on it! We love you!

    ReplyDelete